Image Map

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Food: Chili is Back

For a long time, I had a chili recipe that was solid. But what did I do? I got bored with it. So I started messing with it. First was adding whiskey to it... fail. Next was adding ground turkey to it... epic fail. That was the final straw. A year later and I decided to start from scratch. I based it off of this recipe that I found online. I just needed the base for it and then I added my own flavors to it. 


Instead of 2 lbs of beef, I substituted it with some hot Italian sausage. I cut the casings open and just used to ground meat. Added some spices that I like to add to most of my food and called it a day. I didn't really take any measurements as I am still in the early phases of finalizing it. 


It wasn't as spicy as I would've liked it, but that's okay. I'm working on the base right now then I can layer it with more complex flavors. I can't wait to make it again! 'Tis the season for chili is a hearty food! My favorite time of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment