Image Map

Friday, November 7, 2014

Food: Chicken Thanksgiving Pre-Game

This year, we are hosting Thanksgiving. We hosted it a couple of years ago and were pretty successful. My wife blogged about it and you can read it here. We looked around for the recipe we used and we could not find it anywhere. Oh no. So what do I do? I bought a chicken to practice a random recipe that I came up with and I can say it came out extremely delicious.


I did a nice brine for a little over 24 hours. Pretty simple. Salt, sugar, olive oil and water. It definitely helped in the juiciness of the chicken. I would've liked to do it for a little longer but didn't have enough time. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to do it for Thanksgiving because the thought of leaving a turkey in a bucket in our basement brining freaks my wife out. We won't have enough room in the refrigerator.

With it I also cut up some fingerling potatoes with some salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and olive oil. They came out extremely delicious as well!


I'm not 100% sure the measurements for the chicken as far as seasoning, but I can tell you what I put on it! I call it the Duffy mixture because I pretty much use it on everything. It is a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika, adobo, sazon, and garlic. I can't wait to make the turkey for Thanksgiving! Next year I got approval to actually go to a farm and pick out my turkey. 

After the delicious meal I went to my buddies house for a beer tasting. It was a night filled with extremely weird beers. We had: 

Some were gross, some were okay, and some were just mind blowing. Two that stood out the most to me were Good Morning (American Imperial/Double Stout) by Tree House and Abraxxxas (Smoked Lichtenhainer Weisse) by Freigeist Bierkultur.


No comments:

Post a Comment