Image Map

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Drink: Syrah Wine Adventure (Update)

I got a text from my brother yesterday that went like this:


I know it sounds crazy, but I do wish I was there with him. It's a lot of work, but it is so rewarding. This is one of the reasons I absolutely love brewing beer. It's something I created from scratch. Although wine is a little different. I've noticed (in the short amount of time) that wine people really don't like breaking the mold. Whereas in beer, that is my goal every single time I brew. I know it's really hard because everyone has done everything already, but I still try to create a unique brew every time.

So throughout the day he continued texting me with pictures and stories of what is going on. This made me wish I was there even more! Early on in the conversation there were texts saying "Pump is amazing but dangerous. I just shot a stream of sanitizer 10 feet across the yard" and "5 gallons/minute" and "Was more expensive than I expected, like $400 or something". Then, 3 hours later "Pump broke!!!!". Oh no. One thing about these type operations is nothing EVER goes 100% smoothly. You have to be able to think fast and think on your feet. I instantly told him to go to the brew store and he was already on his way. Brothers think alike huh?


At least I am not there to help with the cleaning up! Sorry Joe! Now we play the waiting game. Everything is now going to sit in the barrels for up to almost a year I believe. This is where I would go insane. At least with beer I can drink it in a couple weeks and it is delicious. Oh well! I cannot wait until next year when we do this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment