Image Map

Monday, October 20, 2014

Food: Chicken Fried x 3


A couple of months ago, I forgot to get Frank's Red Hot. This has been our "go-to" chicken wing meal for 7 years. We panicked and I looked all over the house for a solution. What to do... what to do. The Internet will save us! I found a recipe online for a Puerto Rican style chicken wing recipe called "Chicken Wings in Escabeche Sauce". I didn't have the ingredients for the sauce, so I just made my version of the chicken wing.

What is it? It is chicken wings that are breaded in delicious spices and triple fried. Yes, you heard me correctly... TRIPLE fried. It's not as time consuming as it sounds and can be done in very little time. So here it is! And don't forget, grab a beer and have fun! I did...


Total Time: 40 Minutes
Prep: 10 Minutes
Inactive: 10 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
Yield: 10 Chicken Wings (I can eat 10 myself... so you can up the ingredients as need be)

Ingredients
2 lbs chicken wings
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cup flour
2 envelopes sazon
1 tablespoon adobo
1 tablespoon pepper


Directions
Rinse chicken wings under warm water, pat dry. Toss chicken wings with olive oil, salt and garlic powder, set aside.


In a dutch oven or heavy pot heat enough oil to cover chicken to 400 degrees.

While the oil heats combine flour, adobo, sazon and pepper in bowl with chicken. Stir or shake the bowl to coat all of the chicken.

When oil reaches 400 degrees, fry chicken wings for 3 minutes. If all the wings don't fit you will have to fry them in batches. Remove from oil and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.

Lower the heat of the oil to 300 degrees, return all the wings back in the pot, cover and fry for 10 minutes. Remove chicken from oil and drain in paper towel lined plate.

Raise the heat again to 400 degrees, fry until dark golden brown, without burning. Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towel lined plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment